Cut Throat Marketing
How it all began
It all started when Cynthia Giles, our Founder and CEO went back to school in 2017 to study full stack computer programming. As her skills grew, so did her connections with local business owners who needed custom web design. In return for real-world experience, Cynthia offered her services at a discounted rate, and by the time her course was completed, she had a list of clients up and running. Providing web design services meant Cynthia dealt with her client’s digital marketing and SEO agencies on a daily basis, and didn’t like what she saw:
- Some would talk over their customers
- Others couldn’t explain their process clearly
- Most used confusing jargon that client’s didn’t understand
- Nobody was held accountable
There was a clear opportunity in the market to do things differently, so Cut Throat Marketing was created. A one-stop digital marketing shop where small business owners never feel taken advantage of, are treated like partners, and everyone works together to achieve their business goals.
How our team grew
When it comes to digital marketing, there’s a lot more to it than web design. So, co-founder and COO Geoffrey Giles came on board in 2018 to take over the SEO side of things and start building a team of experts to handle other areas. With his IT and cyber-security background, a data-driven process came together with a list of best-practices that actually work, and quickly became part of standard procedures within the business.
After a wildly successful debut year, Cut Throat was recognized as the “Best New Business for 2017” by the Greater Irmo Chamber Gala Awards. Since then, our team has grown from one passionate woman to a whole team of strong, talented, and creative individuals who share Cynthia’s love for the work.
Why the name Cut Throat Marketing?
For marketing to work, there needs to complete honesty on all sides. In this industry, you’ll find a lot of snake oil salesmen full of empty promises, technical jargon, and bottomless pits of revenue spend. There are no salespeople on our team at CTM. We do digital marketing the right way, with:
- Proven techniques
- Brutally honest assessments
- Hard data
- A killer instinct for getting results the first time, every time
If you’re looking for yes-men, you’ve come to the wrong digital marketing agency. Small businesses can be competitive against their national counterparts without hiring a full marketing department, but it has to be done right.
Your New Marketing Partners
Meet your new digital marketing team! A whole team of experts that want to see your business succeed.
Founder & CEO
Founder & COO
What makes us different?
Like most digital marketing agencies, we offer website design and development to SEO services and everything in between, but what sets us apart from the competition is our dedication to treating your business as if it were our own. Before we implement any digital marketing strategies, we:
- Offer an in-depth onboarding process to get to know your business
- Perform competitive audits on your current marketing strategy
- Perform in-depth keyword research to target your audience
- Analyze your website for SEO, quality, user experience, etc
Once the data is combined, you’ll have a one- of-a-kind sales and marketing strategy in place to see an instant return on your investment. There’s no one-size-fits-all strategy when it comes to digital marketing, which is why we go the extra mile to understand your business inside and out.
But don’t just take our word for it
We’ve built our business on countless referrals and reviews from satisfied customers. So much that we’re honored to be recipients of a number of distinguished awards, and outrank our competitors (without having to pay for the top spots) online:
- CIO Review’s Most Promising Google Marketing Service Companies of 2020
- Our CEO, Cynthia Giles was awarded the Order of the Okra in 2020 by Irmo Chamber
- We’ve received 14 5-star Google Reviews from satisfied customers, with more on the way!
- Clutch.co’s No.1 ranked firm in Columbia for Digital Marketing, Social Media, PPC Management, and No.2 for SEO and Web Design
- UpCity’s top ranked Digital Marketing Agency
Small businesses are the foundations of a strong community
As a family-owned and operated small business, we know how important it is to work with and give back to your community. That’s why we’re Emerald Level Partners at the Irmo Chamber, and Cynthia sits on the board of both the Irmo Chamber and the Columbia Rotary Club. Over the last 3 years, we’ve handled Irmo Chamber’s social media, and during a pandemic, they grew by 88 members, the most they’ve grown in a year, and the only chamber in the whole state to report growth in 2020!
- At Midlands Tech, we teach digital marketing as part of the Fastrac Program for small business owners.
- We volunteer, and handle the social media and consult with the board for Midland’s Crime Stoppers on digital marketing and fundraising activities.
- Every October for Cyber Security Month, we host a talk about staying safe on the internet for small business owners.
- At the Irmo Chamber, our social media campaign led to a profitable year for 2020, with no events!
Cut Throat Marketing Numbers over Nonsense
When you need an experienced and data-driven partner to generate new leads, convert online traffic, and increase sales for your small business, think Cut Throat Marketing.
Upper Loop Way, Columbia SC 29212